OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
As a visitor or donor (“you”) of Interest for Others Foundation (“IFOF”, “we” or “us”), you have not only given us your generosity and kindness but entrusted to our care your personal and financial data as well. We recognize that your relationship with us is based on trust, and that you expect us to act responsibly and in your best interests. Because your personal and financial data are your private information, we hold ourselves to the highest standards in their safekeeping and use.
This means, most importantly, that we do not sell our donors, prospective donors’ information—whether it is your personal information or the fact that you have donated or may donate to IFOF —to anyone. Instead, we use your information primarily to complete the transactions at you request and transfer the donation to the charities of your choice.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
You will provide personal information when you complete an IFOF account application. (If you enter information in an online application to open an IFOF account, we may store the information even if you don’t complete or submit the application.)
In addition to personal information you provide to us, we may receive information about you that you authorize third parties to provide to us. We also may obtain personal information from third parties in order to verify your identity, to prevent fraud, or to help us identify charitable organizations that may suit you.
Personal information collected from any source may include, among other things, your name and address, account number at a financial institution, routing number, credit card number, expiration date and security number. The information we collect about you may be transferred to or stored by IFOF in the United States or elsewhere, as permitted by law.
HOW WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell our donors’ or potential donors’ information to third parties. Nor do we share information about donors or prospective donors, except when needed to complete transactions at your request or to make you aware of charitable organizations to which you may donate through IFOF. Here are the details:
- In order to complete certain donations or account changes that you direct, it may be necessary to provide identifying information to institutions or individuals that can facilitate the transactions or changes. For example, if you ask to transfer interest income from your account to a charitable organization through IFOF, we will need to provide certain information about you to that charity to complete the transaction.
- In order to inform you of new charities in our network and additional services that IFOF offers, we may share your information, to the extent permitted by law. This would include, for example, sharing your information within IFOF to make you aware of new donation programs and additional charities that you can donate through IFOF.
- In certain instances, we may contract with nonaffiliated entities to perform services for us. Where necessary, we will disclose information we have about you to these third parties. In all such cases, we provide the third parties with only the information necessary to carry out their assigned responsibilities, and only for the purposes intended respectively. And we require these third parties to treat your private information with the same high degree of confidentiality as we do.
- Finally, we will release information about you if you direct us to do so, if we are compelled by law, or in other legally limited circumstances (for example, to prevent fraud).
HOW WE PROTECT PRIVACY ONLINE
Our concern for the privacy of our donors naturally extends to potential donors and visitors who browse our website, interestforothers.net.
- Our website uses certain secure forms of online communication available, including data encryption, ***, *** and user names and passwords. These technologies provide a high level of security and privacy when you access your account information, initiate online transactions, or send secure messages.
- Our website offers customized features that require our use of “HTTP cookies” and similar data files—tiny pieces of information that we ask your browser to store. However, we make very limited use of these data files. We don’t use them to pull data from your hard drive, to learn your e-mail address or to view data in cookies or other similar data files created by other websites. We will not share the information in these data files or give others access to it—except to help us better serve your needs.
- When you visit our website, we may collect, either directly or through third-party service providers, certain technical and navigational information, such as your computer browser type, internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our website. This information may be used, for example, to alert you of software compatibility issues or to resolve technical or service problems. Additionally we may analyze this information to improve our web design and functionality and our ability to serve your needs.
You can visit our website to read more details about our online security and privacy features.
HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Within IFOF, we restrict access to information about you to those IFOF employees who need to know the information in order to perform their jobs, such as servicing your accounts or notifying you of new charities and services. To protect your personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in keeping with industry standards and practices, and we review and adjust.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you do not provide your financial information and personal data, such as user name or password, to anyone else. If you become aware of any suspicious activity relating to your account with IFOF, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately.
WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED